Sunday, March 22, 2009

Looking to save money on bottled water or overpriced water faucet filters? We may have your answer.



Water is the world's most abundant resource. And the most consumed. But are most of you aware of just how dirty the tap water that runs out of your kitchen faucet really is? Let me explain.

Did you know that more than 1 in 5 Americans unknowingly drink tap water polluted with feces, radiation or other contaminants? Or how about the fact that several cities such as Albuquerque, Boston, Fresno, and San Francisco have water that is sufficiently contaminated so as to pose potential health risks? Or that we are relying on pipes that are, on average, a century old? The water systems in many cities including Atlanta, Boston, and Washington, D.C. were built toward the end of the 19th century.

Well, I know I didn't know that. I drink tap water right from my faucet daily. Well, did. Before I ran across the Clear Home Water website which has all of the information I just gave to you right on their front page. Scary, huh? Pretty gross at the same time, too.

So there's a few simple solutions to the problem of tap water being borderline deathly. There is, of course, the option to just buy bottled water. "But buying bottled water can get extremely expensive, Jon!", is what you're saying, right? And that's a good point. Another good point is that 30% of bottled water is contaminated as well, either biologically or chemically. I bet you didn't know that, either. And there's really no way to tell which brand of water is or isn't contaminated so here you are, spending ridiculous amounts of money for water in a bottle, and you don't even know if it's clean! Water, the most abundant resource in the world, and you're paying over a dollar a bottle and it may not even be safe to drink.

Then there's water filters. You can buy them at pretty much any retailer you can think of these days, Wal-Mart probably has hundreds of different ones to choose from I'm sure. But as we all know, that can get extremely expensive, as well. But here's where this site comes in. I purchased the Clear Home Water guide for a little under 50 bucks. The same price as a PUR 3 stage faucet filter that you can find at Wal-Mart but thing is here that CH Water's guide showed me how to make my own, 100% reliable military grade water filter, and my filter that I made myself lasts 4 times as long as PUR's product.

The guide is extremely well written, it's easy to understand, and I made a filter in under an hour. Note it was my first time making one, so the next time I have to make another it shouldn't take me more than 30 minutes. So in just an hour, I've saved my family, what, $200 for the year on water filters? Pretty good, if you ask me.

So if you're interested in not only protecting you and your family's health, but saving some cash at the same time (and who doesn't want to do that nowadays?), go ahead and check out the Clear Home Water site. And if you decide to give their guide a shot, let me know how pleased you are with it. Until next time, take care, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment